View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 07:37 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
This draft is really a crap shoot from like the 15/20 pick to like pick 45ish or so. A lot of the players people want on here may be gone, or someone we never thought would make it to the Rangers may be there.

Looking at the draft order, from picks 20 to 30, I do not see any team needing to select a goalie, with the exception of may be the Devils (who are going to may be give up their 1st this year due to the Kovalchuk debacle).

Looking at the first ten picks in the second round, I can see the Blue Jackets, Oilers, Tampa (they have two picks here so I def think they will take a goalie with one of the two picjs if they don't make any deals), Toronto, and the Ducks possibly takung a goalie.

I am in the thinking that the Rangers need to take a goalie in the next two drafts with high potential. It will take a non-superstar potential goalie an average of 6 years to be ready to be a starter in the NHL. That puts Lundqvist at 36/37.
Devils are taking their pick this year which is somewhat mystifying but it's been announced--the only reason I can think for them doing so apart from Lou forgetting to inform the league altogether is they want either Subban or Vasilevskiy and that's even thinking they have legit goalie prospects in Kinkaid and Wedgewood and I think there's another guy. They all might turn out good but I think the problem is that none of them are likely to turn out to be Brodeur good. Marty, of course, intends to play next year now but his exit is not too far away and it has to be a concern even with a nice stable of goalie prospects. IMO--they need someone who can be a cut above an ordinary NHL starter.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote