View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Schenn10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Carle's rights are probably = 3rd. Phoenix is pretty stacked at D, so I don't see why they would use their budget cap space on Carle. They can just promote Gormley, etc.

The rest of the deal comes down to Schenn, Gus, and the 20th for OEL. On the one hand, it seems like an overpayment from us; on the other hand, I'm still not sure Phoenix would do it. At least for their fans, OEL is every bit as untouchable as Couturier--and more. At his best, Couturier is an all-star caliber 2C / 1B sort of player. OEL could be one of the top five or so defenseman in the league in a few years.

I'm really not sure we can pry him our of Phoenix for anything. If we could, it would probably be Couturier + instead of Schenn.

I think Matt Carle's rights are worth basically nothing right now. Teams know he has the terms for an agreement in place with the Flyers, and that he wants to return to Philadelphia, I can't see any team, especially a team like Phoenix which isnt a destination free agents are known to be highly willing to go to, giving anything for Carle's rights.