View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 10:24 AM
randyc

vCash: 500
ADs Away Jersey

Many of us here call that jersey "McJersey" because in person it looks like a clown could wear it.

It is confusing.

5 years ago Ken Young decided to rebrand the team and came out with the two jerseys you see in the pictures. They tried to incorporate the primary colors of the previous editions of the Admirals. The blue and gold from the ECHL and early AHL days and the red from when they agreed to wear Blackhawks jerseys with the ADs logo.

Young said at the time he did it this way that he would have continuity should affiliations change. There are many in Norfolk not totally happy with the logo and certainly don't care for the away jersey.

But if changing colors/logos/jerseys gets on the table there will be a large number of Norfolk fans who will lobby to go back to the blue and gold. I do like the color scheme of the Ducks jerseys. But to be practical, the only way I see the Admirals wearing Ducks colors would be to use Ducks jerseys and put the Admirals logo on the chest and have the anchor and the Ducks logo on the shoulders. This would be like the situation we had with the Blackhawks.

But I think the deadline to submit new colors/jerseys is either passed or soon to be upon us with the AHL office.

It will be an interesting process.