View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
A lot of people mention Tarasenko, but that's a lot of ifs.

There's no guarantee that Russian Jesus does come over, but even if he does there's really no guarantee that he'll play as well as Stewart. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see Tarasenko come over and be successful, but as these stories go, I'm not buying it until it happens

I will say that considering his inconsistent nature, if I were a GM, I would seriously consider trading him the moment his value increases. Not saying that we don't need the goals, but this team forever needs to manage it's assets to remain financially viable.

The main point of what Armstrong said was that this is Stewart's year to prove himself, not just to our team but to the league. I think he can and will improve both his offensive and defensive game, whether or not it's enough for him to maintain his current salary with the Blues or any other NHL team is yet to be seen.
You do realize that Tank has already agreed in principle to play in the NHL, he hasn't signed his ELC yet because a clause in the CBA stipulates that you cannot sign rookies between June 1st-July1st. He WILL be coming over and as long as he stays healthy, he will outproduce Stewarts numbers from last year, and very well may out produce him this year.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote