View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Not sure that is ideal at all. Starting with an uproven kid from college as a top 4 defenseman is a recipe for disaster. I cannot see Mclgrath being ready. And Erixon, unless he really wows at camp, will more than likely open the year in Hartford.

Bickel should be brought back. He can play the role of a 6th/7 defenseman and 13th forward.
him being able to come in and be a top 4 defenseman on this team as an unproven kid from college would be ideal-- whether he does or doesn't does not change what the ideal situation is... just the actual situation.

i agree on mcilrath needing some time down in the minors, but once again. ideal situation is that he's ready.. if he's not sauer, erixon, stralman, and bickel fit.

erixon's only problem really was his size. he needs to bulk up. pretty sure it was torts who mentioned it in a press conference-- he get pushed off the puck too easily. i could see him in hartford as well, but i don't think it's more or less likely. just depends on his offseason work.

i'd like bickel back, but not over stralman if we end up filling the 6 w/o him. stral seems content on being back with his family though so you're right... bickel will likely be brought back (especially w/ the ability to be a forward in tight situations-- basically gives us a free depth guy)

going forward either way we need to make sure that we have options available.

and i guess i could just say ideally all our defenseman will come in and be +50s next season scoring 60 goals and getting 90 assists too... but idk lol. can't read too much into it. ideally we get schultz and he works out. if he works out, then there is a strong chance that he becomes a top 4 guy.