View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I don't want Bickel back, at all. There is ZERO chance we go into the playoffs next year with Bickel. ZERO.

I understand he can play forward also, and he fights and is a good team guy, blah blah blah. But let's be honest here, he's not good at either. Sure, he did actually play fairly decent at the end of the season, but as soon as the playoffs started, I think it's fair to say he was completely overmatched.

Hopefully we add Schultz, and then with Sauer (hopefully), Erixon, and McIlrath almost ready...we don't need a guy like Bickel. He's an AHL player.
didn't bickel go 5 months without having a goal scored against him while he was on the ice? imo he just wasn't conditioned for the end of the season + his confidence dwindled because any mistake while he was on the ice he got the blame. (del zotto's random turnovers/failure to cover his man+staal pinching in randomly while bickel was already in the zone.. etc.) i don't think bickel was bad at all. i think he had a few bad months be it from conditioning, rest, or mental. he was great for months for what he costs. hell bickel makes the defensive save of the playoffs against ottawa and the next game he has a bad turnover recovers and breaks up 2 of the 3 on a 3 on 2 and del zotto fails to cover his man and bickel gets benched. he's not that bad at all. to say zero chance of making the playoffs with him is just ignorant. especially with the season he had outside of that. we had people saying "i really hope torts knows what he has with bickel" then come playoffs "HES DAMAGED GOODS! GET RID OF HIM!!!"

we def have better coming up, but the guy had a good season. let's not make it sound like he's the reason we lost.