06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
From the article;

So which is it?

I would say the "top line" as a whole struggled defensively as they were not being played in a way that benefited them to the fullest (IMO).

I dont think he is the worst defensive forward on this team by any stretch, he just looked unmotivated in the defensive end for a number of reasons.
Moss, Glencross, Jokinen, Stempniak, Tanguay, Backlund and Comeau all played tougher minutes than Iginla. Granted, he saw tougher competition than the 4th line and our AHL call ups. I agree with your assessment that the top line struggled as a whole. Whichever line Iginla is on tends to do that. With Moss instead of Iginla, Jokinen and Glencross didn't struggle defensively at all. It was when they were playing with Iggy they had some trouble in their own end.

I agree partially with your second point. It's not that he's incapable of playing good defensive hockey. He generally does play well defensively at the end of tight games. You're correct that he looks unmotivated at the defensive end. I don't see that with any other player on the team other than Cammaleri on occasion. I don't cre what the reason is. I still see him not doing it other than late in the 3rd period.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote