View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't know if he'll join the Habs. I personally don't think he will but that's because I just can't envision Therrien and Robinson together.

You're only argument is that NJ went to the SCF. That's great, but there are people in every day life that change jobs for various reasons.

And ya, NJ went to the finals, but everybody knew the East was wide open. Will it be again next year? Don't know. Will Parise re-sign and for how much? Don't know. Will Brodeur retire?..It's not like they have a promising dynasty building up.
There's also the fact he publicly mentioned being interesting in a coaching position with Mtl before we hired Martin. Granted that was a head coaching position, but at least it proves him willing to move out of Jersey, and possibly come in to Mtl.

So, all I'm really saying is that it's not because Jersey went to the cup finals that it means he wouldn't be willing to take on a new challenge.
My argument isn't just that. My argument is that he ALREADY has the same job AND he is with a much better team. As Jack Bourdain said, it wouldn't be a new challenge, it would be a sidestep at best. Montreal's future isn't any better than the Devil's too.

You said it was senseless to me, meaning that the option is possible. I think it's a pipe dream (a totally understandable one, taking into consideration Robinson's legendary status here) that stemmed from false rumors from some years ago that Robinson debunked recently.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote