View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
To be fair, Gilroy looked like a stud in the making in his first NHL preseason. He scored a highlight goal against the devils that made most fans think he definitely had the potential to be a top flight offensive defenseman. The problem was he stopped developing. Not sure why, but he just never took that next step and has never really looked comfortable in his role as an NHL defenseman.
thats not his problem...his problem isnt that he stopped developing, his problem is his entire game is built on his skating. just like scott blowmez. hes fast as hell, however he also gets pushed around. you cant play D if you are a sissy. He was positionally ok, but along the boards he got DOMINATED. if he had a helluva shot, that would be one thing, but he doesnt. is like Karlsson over in Ottawa. Very fast skater, not that great in his own zone (granted, getting better)...however hes got the booming shot. Gilroy also didnt have great vision. id call it below average.

I was never enamored with Gilroy...i think Schultz is a better player, but, frankly, i think Erixon is probably better than Schultz. Just my opinion.