View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
How do you think likes of Emil Oksanen, Aapeli Räsänen, Otto Mäkinen and Eetu Tuulola compare to some of these better -97 forwards like Aho and Nättinen? Quite few of these -98 born forwards have already played in C-SM with decent numbers too, how good is this next group after Nurmi and Puljujärvi?
Oksanen is a lot smaller than Räsänen, Mäkinen and Tuulola, looks diminutive in comparison to them, I like his creativity and skill level. Räsänen is a big and strong player for his age, but so far I’m not seeing the same skill level as with Nurmi and Puljujärvi for example, seems like a team player though. Mäkinen is one of my early favourites, good sized forward, pretty good skater and has some puck skills as well. Tuulola is another good sized forward, could be described as a power forward, aggressive guy and has a hard shot. Skating is a bit rugged and his team work ability could be a better in some offensive situations. At this point it’s hard to compare these guys to the 97’s, different kind of players at different stages of development.

There are several good sized forwards with some talent in this 98 age group, in part that explains why so many have already played some games in C1. Hard to say how strong this group will end up being in the end, many of the players still have weaknesses that might prevent them from succeeding on a higher level if not taken care of.

As mentioned earlier, 98-born defensemen might not be the strongest group out there. Olli Juolevi from Jokerit is a D that I like fairly much. Good size for his age and does a pretty good job defensively. Markus Niemeläinen from HPK might be another D worth keeping an eye on. He’s a tall, lean guy who performs unevenly, but might develop into a decent D once he gets stronger and learns the game. Tarmo Reunanen was selected as the most promising D from this age group at Pohjola camp. Decent size, above average skating, some puck skills, nothing spectacular defensively. Will be moving from TuTo to TPS for the upcoming season.