View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 05:49 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

vCash: 500
I do not want Stu Bickel going into cap being the 6th D for this team. It will not set this team up for success. They need someone that can reasonably log 12-14 minutes in the PLAYOFFS, which means getting a guy that can take a regular shift around 18 minutes in the regular season. It won't cost that much as there are some RH D that are available that can do that.

Hannan, Jurchina, Staios. Those are names that need to be brought up by the management group here and talked to right away. They will go off the market quick if you are late to the party on July 1.

I'd love to bring Stralman back, but if he is seriously going to play in Sweden to be closer to his family, than that's fine by me. Wouldn't be the first time a player did that and it won't be the last.

I would love a vet like the guys above and even on top of that signing Schultz to an ELC. If they sign him, you would be looking at Girardi, McIlrath and Schultz being the future of the right side of the defense. Someone becomes expendable at some point AND I do not mean this season. Del Zotto/Erixon could land this team a top tier forward in a couple seasons. McDonagh and Staal will not be going anywhere. They are locks on defense for the next 7-10 years.

Imagine it gets to a point where it will not matter who is going out there and playing defense against a specific player or line as much as we do right now? Players like McDonagh, Girardi, and Staal will be fresher than they usually would be. It'd be awesome to get that kind of skill and depth on defense.