View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I don't think Garrison is so good defensively as some people make him out to be. "Responsible defensively" is a very vague term. He's NOT a Stuart with a better shot, I don't think he's that type of defenseman at all really.

More importantly, Garrison isn't really filling a hole we need at the $ he's gonna demand.
He's early in his development still, he's played less than 3 years. He is more like an Ericsson with a better shot as of right now. Although I think he's grittier than Ericsson. In terms of not a "Stuart type of defenseman", I disagree. He is not as polished yet, but he plays a similar game.

"Might Garrison fit in with the Wings? Absolutely. He'd make up in size and shot-blocking and penalty killing what the Wings lost in Stuart. He's got a big shot that could help rejuvenate the power play. He's young. He might make a very nice partner for Ian White, a smaller, right-handed shot. Garrison learned this past season how to be a go-to guy and got to develop his puck-handling skills, something the Wings look for in a defenseman to help facilitate the transition game."

"Garrison, 27, has very good size at 6-foot-2, 220 pounds. He's got a booming slap shot -- one that helped deliver nine power play goals -- and he's a solid penalty killer. He was second on the Panthers with an average of 23:41 minutes in playing time, and second with 124 blocked shots. He was credited with 127 hits (this, though, is one of the most subjective stats kept by the NHL)."

http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...jason-garrison

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote