View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
nsvoyageurs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Just looking around at rumors seen the BJs are interested in moving the #2 pick .

If say we were able to get the #2 pick for say
Dubi
Stepan
Jt Miller
AA
Thomas
1st + 3rd

for Nash + 1st

Would you .... Dont say he will never do it .. Just think if we were able to would you do the deal ....
If I'm Columbus, I'm not sure I'd do that deal, no one going to Columbus projects as an elite level player, and that's what CBJ would want for Nash and the second overall pick in the draft; the draft picks are low. That trade leaves some roster depth issues on the NYR roster, unless a few guys from the Whale can come up and fill them. If Nash holds to the teams he'd go to the same that he had prior to the trade deadline, the price for him may be less than this because of the limited teams he'd agree to go to. Any team trading for Nash has to consider what the cap might be whenever the new CBA is agreed to, whenever that is. It may be lower than what has been speculated (around 70 million) it would be if the CBA weren't expiring.

If I'm the Rangers, I'm not sure I'd make that deal either.

If they somehow do get the number 2 pick, I'd take Galchenyuk. Had a bad knee injury last season, but came back to play in the playoffs.

nsvoyageurs is offline   Reply With Quote