06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Very nice, Nem!

I am normally against any and all kinds of bootlegging, but when something is not available to me, I can be a little bit more lenient. If this is indeed a bootleg, it will be my first. I have a Samsung BD-P1500 blu-ray player that is supposedly easy to unlock its DVD region via the remote, but I'll try that on a cheaper import first. Too bad it doesn't unlock for blu-ray.
If I have a complaint, it's that the Sony/Tri-Star releases are awfully shallow. No special features, no Japanese audio w/subs. I even used to have a Destroy All Monsters disc that didn't even have menus. It just played the minute you put the disc in, then repeated when it hit the end. And only 1 chapter.

Godzilla: Final Wars' subtitle (the "Final Wars" part) also totally steals the font that the Sharks use for a lot of their arena graphics (which, let's be honest, they stole from Batman Forever, but whatevs... )

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.