View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You should target your hate towards the people of Montreal(that didn't support the team despite great teams) and the politicians(for not building the needed downtown stadium).
I loved the Spos, and I got to the Stade when I could when I was at Uni. But it was a pain in the ass, and a bad place to watch B ball. Way too dark. You want the sun and breeze on your face when you watch the summer game.

But man, I went to Jarry Park all the time as a kid, and you could not beat that. It was so easy, and so fun.

If we had got off our ass and built a cheap and cheerful 30,000 seater downtown, I would have gone to games all the time in summer, when I was a student. So would a lot of others.

Damn right. A sunny Sunday in July, the Mets in town. A 5 minute bike ride to the park to sit in the bleachers for 20 bucks, catching rays, drinking beer with my buddies and the girls, and watching the Spos? ****ing brilliant.

A downtown, sunny park would have saved the team. It would have been a party every weekend. That's Montreal's style, and the team and government just did not understand the casual but want fun market.

The Stade just was not fun. We ****ed that up badly.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote