View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 06:14 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
A 2nd line with Laich-MJ-Jokinen isn't going to scare anyone and still leaves a hole at 1RW
That was this is "George" talking. Laich was a scoring line wing during our president monster year and was often our 1C going 14 games deep two months ago. MJ could certainly bulk up and continue improving, regardless it became clear this last playoff, George is going to use him in a scoring role. Quite a few think Semin has done more harm than good. Knuble did fine as a 1RW in our monster year and I think Brouwer or Ward should be able to pot 15+ in the same role/TOI. Its not just the players, its the system.

Why not stay the course for now, and just dump the toxins down the river.

Ovi Nick Brouwer/Ward | Chimera Laich<-->MJ

Me talking: I am not sold he saw the LA blueprint - he probably feels he cannot attain that C depth "without mortgaging the future" WMTF. Is he dumping the play book from last year after Canada patting him on the back? I don't think there are enough top 6 forwards in the league to complete every teams anyways. Just like there arent enough top pair D's to complete every team., We have to dumb down how we define top 6 or top pair.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 06-16-2012 at 06:20 AM.