View Single Post
Old
11-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Spezza uses his size to his advantage? Actually Spezza seems a little weak to me, to say someone like Nash, i don't think the Spezza remark was accurate, anyway i understand what you're saying, but still.. i would do it, perezhogin and a 1st for comrie, i would do it, wann argue that with me?
The whole point of a board is arguing is it not?

What I meant isn't that Spezza hits and crushes people like Nash.

Spezza is 6'2"(although some sites list him as 6'4" ) but if he we're 5'9" he'd be pretty much like Comrie, he would be highly skill and in the strength average of this league. But look at him play, the fact that he has a long reach, that he's big and strong helps him make better plays and lets him stay on the puck longer. Its much harder to push a guy like Spezza then Comrie, both aren't physical, but Spezza has a clear strength advantage due to size. Imagine if Forberg was 6'4" 225 pounds, wouldn't he be even stronger and better? Of course he would.

We lack size at center for better defensive coverage and checking and we need it even more on the wings for battles along the boards. Comrie brings none of that and that 1st will probably be from 5th to 10th spot and Perezhogin has tons of skill. So yep, its overpaying for someone who doesn't fill our needs. I'd do Balej/Ribeiro, Plekanec/Ribeiro and a 2nd though.