View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He's also not small and moves pretty well. He looked pretty solid to me at the WJCs. He might need a year or two in the AHL, but he shows a ton of promise.

At 51, there are a lot of options, but my favorite is Nick Ebert. That kid has "Ryan Suter" written all over him. Tanner Richard is a speedy Swiss center at Guelph. Brady Vail is a big, versatile American winger (is there any other kind?) at Windsor.

This draft looks pretty heavy on defensemen in the middle rounds. I'm interested to see what we do. We need at least one goalie and we're a little sparse on forwards. As usual at the draft table, I'm expecting the unexpected.
The more I look at this draft, the more I think about it the more I view this draft as a Nail and... everyone else kind of draft. Everyone has a different order from 2nd down. One guy who is fantastic is Reinhart. I can't believe how far down some people have him.

You are correct though, later in the 1st and into the 2nd the draft gets pretty defensively heavy. The flashy forwards near the top are intriguing. Perhaps Poile will try to do an Ellis for a top pick swap like he did last year. I certainly wouldn't mind that.

Having said that, Pearson looks to be a steal as there really isn't any weakness to his game, but he needs polishing in all areas.

I could see Ebert or Thrower being options.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote