Thread: Line Combos: Who do you play with Huberdeau?
View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 12:42 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 250000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I think Upshall is just about a lock to be opposite of Huberdeau due to his gritty play and willing to drop gloves if they make runs at our star prospect.
At center, it will be either Stoll or Jokinen.
If Stoll's agent doesn't ask for the moon I think we'll sign him to a 2-3 year deal around 3.25-3.5 million a year.
Agreed, but I don't think DT goes after Stoll. He's just off a SC win, and looking for that big payday. He'll get IMO at least 4 million, and I don't think DT is ready to overpay again this summer. The players that he's going to acquire are those who want to be here and show that by taking what Tallon is ready to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Jokinen-Upshall
Bergenheim-Goc-Samuelsson
Agreed, but IMO Sammy won't be back. It's Kopecky or Skille on his spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Yeah, sounds good, except when did Olli become defensively sound?
During the last two years in Calgary, he's sacrificed a lot of his offense for a better two-way play. His point production is still there, but with more of a defensive responsible game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Not a bad write-up, but I'd still like to see Upshall unloaded. He's our highest paid forward but has never scored more than 32 points. If we can shed that contract we can get a sandpaper two-way forward much cheaper to play opposite Huberdeau.
Upshall is pretty much below league average in salary when it comes down to those kind of players, when you look at the money thrown around the league these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Upshall is not a top 6 player.
I disagree. While he's not your prototypical high scorer or playmaker, he brings a lot to the table with his hustle. Basically the same kind of a player as Bergy, with less succees last year.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote