View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 01:09 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 View Post
Pens fan here. Hearing slight rumors (nhl net) about you guys maybe being in the running for Nash. My initial thoughts are you dont need any offense. You are kind of just like the Pens in needing more D help (Suter)

What are your thoughts on that potential move and what would you be "ok" with going to Columbus to get him?
The Flyers and Penguins have pretty much the EXACT same problems. Two GREAT offensive teams always looking for an elite winger to play with their elite Center(s). You guys found Neal for Geno, still shopping for Sid...we want Nash/Parise/something for Giroux. Giroux had 93 pts in 77(?) games and Hartnell was next with 67 pts in 82 games.

We both have fantastic defenses....on paper. They've both played like it within the last couple season, and it all fell apart last season. Losing Pronger didn't help us. I'm not sure what derailed things for the Pens.

We both have very good goalies who don't play like it, and that needs to change...at least for us (I kid...MAF is on my fantasy team, he better change too, aside from 6 games a year) Both goalies get hung out by their defenses and don't get necessary backchecking help from forwards....but also let in an unbelievably high number of soft goals.

More offense seems like the last need for both teams, but it's the easiest fix. Defense is slim pickins this offseason

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote