View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the Avs will be making those offers. I have little hope they'll sign either guy, but no doubt they'll make an attempt.
My personal opinion on that is this, I think either guy would be crazy NOT to come to Colorado. I don't know their specific situations but I'll assume that both guys either have young kids or have some on the way or in the works. There will be a lot of interest from other teams but they get to sign for likely over $7M per year and live in frikkin' Denver Colorado and raise their families??? On top of which, they join an organization that is well known for being first class, have an up-and-coming team that is set to be competitive for the next 10 years unless they hire Mike Milbury as GM and have a front office that has shown in the past that when the window is there, THEY GO FOR IT!!! [Not add Paul Gaustad and Andrei Kostitsyn to an already anemic offense but add guys like Fleury, Blake and Bourque!!!]

That doesn't mean I expect either guy to sign here for sure but I have a hard time believing the Avs aren't close to the top of both of their lists.