View Single Post
Old
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
yunost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
Of course it would be - because it is still the European championship.

By that logic, nobody outside of Europe would care about soccer because Europe has all the best players.

Guess I should stop following American soccer because we have second/third tier players.

American soccer is actually a good example. American soccer is getting bigger resulting in better players and a better overall product in the MLS. THIS is how you make European hockey better. You make the domestic leagues better. The MLS isn't expanding into Mexico and Brazil taking their top teams and ruining those countris' championships just so they can lure some slightly better players from Europe.
HAHAHAHAHA

MSL is a perfect example. Nice and closed system, scratched the European 'parallel' concept and are doing very well. MLS in soccer is closer to the NHL than any soccer league in Europe and the dividends from that have yielded so much success both in US and Canada!!

BTW where are the Malmo Redhawks, and the Djurgardens traditions and historic rivals?? LMAO they got shafted and are stuck losing their credibility, fans, players and money. None of that would happen with a closed system.

Btw I wanna point out that the national leagues are so bureaucratic, and are either entirely run, or severely influenced by that nations' hockey federation. Something, again, not present in the NHL, and something the KHL is working away from.

Its hilarious to me that the Europeans are so stubborn and don't wanna follow the NHL model. Something that is proven successful. Not only from itself, but the KHL and Medvedev which are following the model of the NHL more or less and it has given them tremendous results. The top 2 leagues in the world will tell you that a closed non-parallel system is better, but no, the IIHF and the other hockey geniuses can do it better - with inspiration from the Champions league and various other sports.

I honestly have no clue how Eric Karlsson would stay in Sweden for the reason that there would be some sort of Champions league where he would have the chance to play Eisbaren and Rouen Dragons for a useless trophy that puts you second to the KHL and NHL anyway
he would even go to the KHL and battle for the Gagarin Cup before that.

A Central European Hockey Champions League inspired by the EUFA would be cute, and over time might even make a little bit of money, but its definitely not gonna change anything in terms of competition and retaining top prospects from the NHL and even KHL

Last edited by yunost: 06-16-2012 at 11:32 PM.
yunost is offline   Reply With Quote