View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 01:10 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
We are not trading Kreider period. End of story. Dont even mention his name to say he's untouchable. And we're not dealing hagelin either. Torts loves his game. His speed and stamina is too much of an asset to the way Torts wants the team to play. Get pucks deep, get in quick on the forecheck, win the puck and either start cycling or make a quick pass to an open man. Hagelin is still so young and is already getting looks in all situations. He is too valuable to the coaching strategy going forward.

Not saying I would trade Hagelin for peanuts, but he's not exactly "so young." He's almost 24 years old. By the time Dubi and Cally were 23, they were working on their 3rd NHL seasons. Anisimov just finished his 3rd year with the team, and he's only a few months older than Hagelin. Obviously, Hags will still likely improve, but this isn't a case of a 18 or 19 year old kid putting up a good rookie season. I don't know if I would give up Kreider for Kane. There's no way in hell I'd refuse a Kane trade over Hagelin.