View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
In fact, don't be surprised if he wears a devil jersey next year.
I would be surprised just for the fact that he openly made no argument he, and Deboer were not really big on each other. Other than that I wouldn't be surprised though. Lou did already bring him back already though so what's a third time? Just between us I don't care much for the guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him over the crop of UFA goaltenders out there this Summer. I'd rather keep Hedberg, but if it comes down to him, and other backups not including the young ones like Harding who are in line for starting jobs I would take him over Biron, Johnson, Auld, Gustavsson, etc. He's played with a lot of our team before, and has worked under our coach as well. I don't trust any of our AHL guys to back up 40 year old Marty who has missed time with injuries the last couple years.

Markstrom I think would do fine backing up Jose this year. He has NHL experience, and Theodore is still young enough that he's healthy, and I wouldn't anticipate him breaking down suddenly. I would say the plan is to start Markstrom when Theodore is done? My guess though is that if Markstrom isn't in the NHL full time this year he likely won't jump right into the starting spot. Other than that it will be an interesting July 1st!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote