View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Are you people crazy?! Trade Clifford?! Send Clifford to the AHL?! What are you people smoking?

He got injured in the playoffs & lost his spot to somebody who was healthy (Richardson). And then Sutter didn't want to change things up for reasons of chemistry.

In the long run, Clifford will be a much, much better player than Richardson. Clifford played almost the entire season. Meanwhile, Richardson watched half the season from the press box.

WTF are you people thinking?

Christ, sometimes I'll be reading a thread & wonder what board I'm really looking at!
First off, weren't you the guy a couple of days ago who said Quick would sign for $4 million a year, and you are asking what others are smoking?

Clifford played more games than Richie, that is true but it doesn't mean much. Ethan Moreau played more games than Dwight King. Richie and Clifford are totally different types of players, Clifford's competition for a roster spot is probably Nolan, and I think it's fair to say Nolan was the stronger player this season and should have the advantage going into camp.

I like Clifford but he regressed this season, and many people, myself included thought he should have spent some time in Manchester. I don't think letting him spend the early part of the year establishing himself in Manchester rather than struggling in LA is such a bad thing. He is still only going to be 21 this season.