06-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
He did score in San Jose...

He scored 39 goals and 82 points his first year with the Sharks.

He then had ONE down year in which he still wouldve been our leading scorer that season (64 points) and was immediately traded to the offensively inept non-playoff Minnesota Wild.

Yes, he failed to score goals in the playoffs for San Jose, but that entire team is just a gigantic mess in the playoffs, and he still put up 22 points in those 32 games. Better than Gaborik's playoff numbers as a Ranger and he's hailed as a god around here.

Heatley has 57 points in 66 playoff games. When he was on a contender in Ottawa, he was more than a point-per-game player in the playoffs after scoring back to back 50+goal/100+point seasons. Put him on a contender like the Rangers and he could very well find his top level again.

Like I said, it will likely cost significantly, SIGNIFICANTLY less than Nash for a player who's actually proven and produced a TON more throughout his career, and the length of his contract makes it much less of a risk IF it turns out bad.

He's definitely a consideration.
Ehhhhhhhh... consideration? I guess... but not much of one.

Ottawa was quite awhile ago, and Gabby had a separated shoulder.

They need scoring, however... cant go crazy trying to find it. I wouldnt give Heatley much consideration at all.

Although, Im not much of a Nash fan either.