View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 08:22 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post

There is a rumor circulating the internet that the Leafs might trade up for Nail Yakupov and for Alex Galenchyuk. The other possiblity is the Canadiens trading to draft Yakupov and then drafting Galenchyuk. I doubt this happens as the Canadiens are not in as much supply at defense as the Leafs. If the Leafs can do perhaps Schenn + prospect for the 1st OVR and then trade up for the 3rd, I believe that Burke could be able to pull off what he did with the Sedin twins, except with Yakupov and Galenchyuk. Thoughts?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...023402079.html
Unless Burke holds a gun to the heads of the other GMS I do not see him being able to get the deals done. Oiler wont trade the number pick in a quantity for quality trade. Oilers have lots and lots of bodies running around--while they need the go to D-man--I do not see the leafs offering the oilers Schenn, Kadri and what ever other players the leafs would throw at the oilers to get a deal done. Some leaf fans may balk at the Schenn and kadri idea alone--but those two players don't get you number one

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote