06-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Zip15

vCash: 450
Bucky Gleason: GM For A Day

Worse than usual this year.

Roy, Sekera, and 1st rounder for Paul Stastny

Quote:
Chasing after Stastny

The Sabres still need a No. 1 center. Cody Hodgson could be a top-line center someday, but he hasn't shown me enough speed and skill to convince me he's there yet. He's a second- or third-line center at this stage.

I'm calling every team for centers, but specifically I want to know what it would take to acquire Stastny from Colorado.

Hey, guess what? The Avalanche don't have a first-round pick this weekend.

The Avs already have restricted free agents in Matt Duchene and Ryan O'Reilly ahead of Stastny and both make considerably less money. They don't need to pay a third-line center $6.6 million, which means Stastny is expendable.

OK, how about a first-round pick and Roy or Sekera? Not good enough? How about a first-round pick and Roy and Sekera? It's almost too good for the Avalanche to pass up, which is by design. My goal is creating enough cap room for Stastny. Roy and Sekera count for $6.75 million against the cap.

Sekera will make $3.25 million this season and played well during the world championships. But, really, they can have him. Tyler Myers, Christian Ehrhoff, Jordan Leopold, Brayden McNabb, Alexander Sulzer, Robyn Regehr and Mike Weber provide a sound blend of skill and toughness along the blue line.
Nevermind that Stastny was as bad or worse than Roy for much of the season. I know, let's give them Roy, and Sekera, and a 1st rounder!! Just awful.

He then suggests a straight up deal: Ryan Miller for Ryan Malone. Seriously.

Quote:
Malone for Miller in an even swap would be tempting.
Tempting if you want to be in on the Nathan MacKinnon Sweepstakes. Somehow I don't think that's what he's saying.

Alternatively, Ryan Miller + 1st for Ryan Malone and Anders Lindback. Ignoring the fact that Miller has more value than Malone, we then give up either the 12th or 21st pick for a goaltender that just got traded for two 2nd's. Moron.

Quote:
Sending Miller and offering the other first-round pick for Malone and the 6-foot-6 Lindback is intriguing to say the least. If Lindback is good enough for Stevie Y, he's good enough for me. Stevie Y, are you interested?
Another year of Dwayne Roloson was good enough for Stevie Y, too, you ****tard.

A final Malone possibility. Not quite as terrible, but bad nonetheless.

Quote:
If not, keeping Miller and offering the other first-round draft pick plus top prospects such as Luke Adam and Corey Tropp might be enough for Malone. Stevie Y, let's make a deal.
I particularly enjoyed this gem, as well:

Quote:
But by adding Malone, my new coach could consider these possible line combinations: Thomas Vanek-Stastny-Jason Pominville; Marcus Foligno-Tyler Ennis-Drew Stafford; Ville Leino-Cody Hodgson-Malone; Nathan Gerbe-Cody McCormick-Patrick Kaleta. Not bad.
He clearly doesn't know how these players are used. Gerbe and Kaleta start a ton in the defensive zone against the other teams' best players. And you're going to trust Cody McCormick to center that line. Go to hell, you moron.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle907716.ece

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote