View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 10:17 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I couldn't agree more. Like I said earlier he flip flops more than a politician and he's only hurting himself in the process. "I'll just keep Nash." Ok bud do that, but then you have this awkward situation that lingers in the locker room of your basement dweller team.
Normally I'd just chalk it up to posturing, but Howson has already broken the code and outed his Captain. There's no reason to posture.

29 GM's know Howson is **** out of luck. You dont win trades like this. Gretzky in his prime fetched garbage the first time, and garbage the 2nd time. Messier was acquired for garbage. Kovalchuk was considered a rental and as of now he was acquired for garbage. Hossa was a rental acquired for garbage. Hell, even Brian Leetch was traded for garbage.

The way Columbus wins this is just trade the friggin guy away and start fresh. That's how they win -- they trade him away for whatever, but start over and get the PR nightmare and distractions out of the way. Take down the Nash billboards, box up the Nash jerseys and move the **** on.

Howson thinks this is going to be the Lindros trade that turned Quebec into a pseudo Dynasty. The difference is that Quebec actually drafted well before Lindros, while the BJ's suck ****.