View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
Without reading any other posts in this thread (I didn’t want my opinion to be influenced), here are my rankings. I’m all about trying to acquire top-end talent in the first round which is why I’ve probably got a slightly riskier list than most.

1) Teuvo Teravainen – some say he's the most skilled player in the draft, draws comparisons to Giroux in his draft year, is almost a full year younger than many draftees and hence has more room to grow (literally and figuratively)

2) Morgan Rielly – a huge wildcard given his injury last year but arguably the most skilled defenseman in the draft, great skating and passing, smart, decent enough defensively especially compared to other puck-moving defenseman, I feel like his top-end is higher than the other defensemen available

3) Radek Faksa – he brings size and physicality to a position where we dearly need it, great 2-way player, great along the boards, arguably close to NHL-ready, he’s a bit safer (see #5/6 below, but the fact that he’s a forward caused me to slot him at #3)

4) Mathew Dumba – possibly the biggest boom/bust risk in the draft due to his combination of size and style of play, great energy and effort, his goal-scoring from the back end makes him worth the risk

5/6) Griffin Reinhart/Jacob Trouba – these guys represent the safe picks to me, possibly less upside than the 4 guys above but also a greater chance of reaching their potential IMO

7) Mikhail Grigorenko – I lived through the Filatov fiasco as a Columbus fan so enigmatic/moody Russian = no

Two key guys that should be around when we pick that you left off are Lindholm and Ceci. I would consider taking either of them before some of the guys above.

Edit: Wow, I was right about my list being very different than the others. Disclaimer: my info came from a combination of free stuff on the internet and the McKeen's draft publication mixed together with a dose of my own personal opinion.

Last edited by Stej: 06-17-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Stej is online now   Reply With Quote