Old
06-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
My reasoning is that you're pretty much rebuilding again and starting from scratch..might as well start with a youth d-core. If you get Donovan (pretty much ready to step in next season - he may be a prospect now, but is definitely ready to step in come Sept) AND choose Murray, plus all your other d prospects..you have an awesome core of players on the blue line.

At the same time, you basically improved your scoring by doubling it WITH young players that haven't reached their prime yet. This is why I figured losing Tyutin wasn't as bad as it looked.
What Fro said, basically. The blueline rebuild took place over the course of the season.

Blue Jackets Blueline, Start of 2011-2012:
Tyutin-Wisniewski
Methot-Martinek
Russell-Clitsome

Blue Jackets Blueline, End Of 2011-2012:
JMFJ-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Methot-[Moore or Savard]

We shipped out most of the blueliners we didn't need. Tyutin's one of the good ones we'd rather keep - especially considering just how well he and Nikitin meshed.

Our forwards, OTOH, are a bit of a mess. We have a few good guys backed up by a lot of smoke and mirrors. We need tangible assets in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Let me correct that: RN has game-breaking speed, and is among the elite few in the NHL who can consistently go end-to-end, beating defenders one on one.

Oh wait, that was one highlight reel goal like that.

Dude is over paid, and is slowing down in a quicker and quicker NHL.

Pass.
I've seen a lot of downright silly and misguided evaluations of Nash over the past few weeks, but I've got to say, this has got to be the most unintentionally hilarious one I've ever seen.

"One highlight reel goal".

EDIT: Here, this one's four years old. I can go start searching for more clips if you'd like:

EDIT #2: This one's more recent; put together this past February. The actual highlights start about 45 seconds in or so.

EDIT #3: This one was put together by another HFBoards CBJ fan. It's also a nice illustration as to why Red Wings fans have been laughing at some of the offers we're being given:

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Viqsi: 06-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.