View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 01:21 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley83 View Post
Jackman is a pest while Thornton just loses his head. Comparing Jackman to Thornton in terms of behavior is like comparing Chris Neil to Chris Simon just because they both have played dirty. Neil is in control of his emotions and is aware of his actions like Jackman but Thornton like Simon completely loses all control. Jackman will also fight larger people that are legit fighters not just those who are smaller and won't fight back like Thornton does. The tough guy already went after Nick Lidstrom, who is next on his list Martin St. Louis?
Gotta say, this is kind of a bizarre opinion of Thornton. I'm not arguing that he's a player I'd want the Blues to pay a premium for, but he's a great hockey player who would improve the team....and these "character" issues just don't match the guy I've watched the last several seasons. One of the reasons the Perron hit was so high profile was that Thornton DOESN'T have a record of borderline hits or intent to injure. As for the off-the-ice stuff, I'm not terribly impressed. Its not like he intimidated a cab-driver and didn't tip him.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote