View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 02:41 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Kane is not a superstar yet. Goligoski got Neal and Niskanen. Del Zotto is younger, just like Kane is younger than Neal. I really don't think it will take more than Del Z + 1st for Kane, if he's actually available.

It's also why I'm against trading for Nash unless it's only for three assets ie. Dubinsky, Del Z and either our first OR Miller. I can see CBJ being more interested in Miller due to him being an Ohio native.

Some of you guys need to stop putting 3-4 roster players in proposals. Our fourth line last year was not overly defensively responsible, nor were they any good offensively. Our third line, the way Tortorella utilizes it, was barely any good offensively. We do not have the depth to trade away that many players. If some of you guys were running this team, we would have Mitchell and Rupp on our third line due to lack of depth and some no-names on the fourth.
Which is even more of a reason why Nash makes more sense. When you look at his contract and age ... no way will he net a huge return, it is a salary dump, meaning you will keep a large part of your core in tact and everyone takes a step back in terms of where you shift them on their lines. Adding Nash without giving up a large part of your core will make this team very dangerous.