View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 02:13 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
It's Ok to have untouchables but you can't have too many untouchables. Hagelin is a good complimentary player - that's it.

Nash isn't going to fetch a huge package, not one with multiple top prospects.

WPG isn't going to get a huge package for Kane either. A top prospect + good prospect (or a good roster player or a mid to late 1st rounder). That's the most they should get. Neither Nash or Kane is gonna bring back a Lindros return (the 1st Lindros trade).

And stop including Enstrom in deals as a throw-in. The guys one of the top point producing Dmen in the league. He's UFA after next season so he'd make a great rental and would bring a good return at the deadline - and that's if the Jets dont sign him to an extension.
I don't really have untouchables, I just don't want the team to trade good, fast, hard forechecking players for players like Nash who have gotten nothing, but worse over the last 3 to 4 years and doesnt seem to be around when the going gets tough for his team. Hes a 60 to 70 point player at best now and that contract is toobig andlonger for that. If anything players like Hagelin should be what we are looking for, not trading away. That kind of speed and tenacity makes your team much more dangerous.

I don't think Kane will be dealt and Enstrom really won't be traded. At least not yet.

And to Vitto, I'm with you. I don't want any of these sacks. They all come with question marks when you could just sign players from free agency that have equal question marks but we don't have to give up our players.