View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 02:29 PM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
I guess I didn't get to this poll quick enough to vote, but I probably would've gone with Byström. I see him developing into a good #3-4 d-man in time. I like his two-way game.

I also really like Kerdiles as well though. He has a motor that doesn't quit and plays a good "200 ft game" as Hitch likes to say. I see him as a safe bet to become a 3rd line winger with the potential to maybe be a 2nd line winger. I don't see him being a center as a pro. He's the type of player that teams love to have though as he'll add a lot more to a roster than just pts.

I also like Samuelsson and his all-around game. He's also very physical and I think he'll be a good 3rd liner in time.

One guy nobody seems to have talked about yet is Mark Jankowski. Like pretty much everyone else, I've never seen him play (not exactly a ton of Quebec HS games on tv) but he seems to be the epitome of a boom or bust pick. It's nearly impossible to get a good read on a kid playing against inferior competition but he seems to ooze skill and is headed for the NCAA next season. Jankowski also just made the age cutoff for this year's draft by 2 days so with him pretty much being the youngest guy in the draft, that makes it that much harder to project his future. I'd probably pass on him at 25 (assuming some of the above options are still around) but I'll be interested to see how he develops. Some team could really end up with a steal if this kid reaches his potential.

The last guy that I like who I think is being a bit underrated is Di Giuseppe. I watched a couple of U of Mich games this season and this kid seemed to be very skilled with a very high hockey IQ (something the Blues seem to really value highly). I would be absolutely fine if the Blues drafted Phil.

Another player not listed on this poll who I like is Tanner Pearson. He's a late bloomer who has gone undrafted twice already but he put up a very impressive 91 pts in the OHL this season and was a very solid player for Canada in the WJC. He's also a very smart player. He's a risky player to take in the 1st rd but the Blues haven't been shy before with taking players who have gone undrafted in previous drafts - Perron,Wannstrom, Shattock, Eronin, etc.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote