View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
dude, they have been getting defensemen like mez in 2010 and pronger a couple of years back, they even said they are going to address the defense like detroit accept i think it's going to be trade or maybe sign a free agent not carle or sutter, there's other defensemen other there besides them they are probably more talented than them, they got grossmen,

he's a good player if they get another one with a good slapshot and hits as good as him for a good discount rather than otherpaying for those bums i think the flyers can have a great defense.

carle cant hit, skate, turnovers the puck, anyone is better than him at a cheaper price

No there really are not many better defensemen available besides Suter than Carle, its a very weak class this offseason. I am in no way a Carle fanboy but seriously most people here have such narrow vision and such unneeded seething hate for him its laughable. He is what he is, a top 4 guy that can play a lot of minutes that does turn the puck over (comes with logging a lot of minutes and not being an elite player and a puck moving defenseman).

So yes lets let him walk, risk no one signing here/overpay for someone else that can't log the same minutes. Unless its a certified top pairing guy, then no I do not want to make a trade and lose assets when we could just sign Carle for less than he will make on the open market.

Some interesting stats on this years free agent class and how Carle compares to them: http://hockeyanalysis.com/2012/06/11...nt-defensemen/

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote