Old
06-17-2012, 05:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr50l View Post
So because he is underpaid last year we're all happy as Larry that he is overpaid this year and potentially for the next several years. This is a 'what are you doing for me now' business. The argument only works both ways if you're desperate.

I'm glad that by adding him into the leaguewide pool of inadequate players he no longer counts as one on his own.

Every stat in the world can be produced, the bottom line is I watched at least 90 Rangers games in full this season and what I saw consistently was a guy whose good nights were +/- 0. That's not good use of $4.2m salary and these sabrmetric fools are dense to portray it as though putting an expensive forward in predominantly defensive positions is swell because that's all he's done well is ok and can't be improved upon.

And let the record show: that if Dubinsky plays like a $4.2m player next year I will praise him as one because I bear no grudge I just want to see the rangers win.
A simple turn in luck--a normalizing of his shooting percentage--will have him producing like a $4M player.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote