Thread: Trade deadline.
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Medicine Twin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I get the feeling that Sundstrom could be Czerkawski all over again, minus the scoring. We're looking at an above average player, who has for the most part been misused and misunderstood. He's not going to score 20 goals, but he can sure prevent at least that. With our 29th ranked penalty kill, he is very useful. However, Julien needs to find a place for him on the third line every night, and he needs to play 15:00 from day to day. If Sunny has a bad game, keep with him, he'll break out of the slump. We can't expect him to play his 'role' if he's playing with three different centreman each week. Same can be said for Kilger, give them a playing role and let them make it happen. If Sundstrom does go, I think he'll go to New Jersey or Calgary. He'd be incredible for either team. When Bob speaks of wanting players to perform like they can so that he can judge the team, there's no doubt he's talking about #37.
I was thinking the same thing. I've seen Sundstrom's name come up way too often on these boards when it comes to being traded or dumped. He's only 28 and is an excellent defensive forward with good playmaking abilities. Add to it that he can play both wings. He should be on our 3rd or 4th line for years to come.