View Single Post
Old
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I think you're completely missing his point. He's not saying it's the sole factor. You are taking too much of an exception because you are 21 and feel you are mature beyond your years. The point Replacement is trying to make is that I'm sure we can both agree that even though you feel you are mature now we can probably agree that you will be even more mature 10-20 years from now.

I know a member of the EPS who started recruitment class at the age of 19, yes there are exceptions to every rule, but in this case maturity at a young age is the exception not the rule. A person shouldn't solely be turned away due to age but it should be one thing to trigger a further review of the applicant. For example lets say a 21 year old and a 35 year old tested exactly the same for a position with G4S, who do you think they are going to take? Likely the older candidate.
Again, I find this extremely offensive. I'm one of the youngest workers at my job site (There's one who's 20, and a couple who are 21-23), and I can do my job just as well as any of my older co-workers. Age is just a number in the real world.

As for the other information you're posting, is this true?