What are you Looking Forward to Most?
View Single Post
06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Bandwagon Since 1967
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Originally Posted by
Several come to mind...
- The banners being raised (WCC and SCC)
Every team at the draft congratulating the Kings for winning the Cup
- Hearing David Courtney announce the team as "your Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings"
More complex things:
- Appreciating the regular season for how genuinely irrelevant that it truly is, so long as the Kings make the playoffs. Seriously... remember how we'd get so worked up about individual wins and losses during the course of the season? How petty and simple does all that nonsense look now. The regular season is just the pre-season to the actual season.
- Watching the franchise basically be re-born. We don't have to try to acquire players with Stanley Cup experience to try to get the team over the winning hump any more - the
knows what it takes to win now.
- Seeing Brown's leadership transition from trying to will the team to win something he's never won before to leading the team that has proven they can win it all to try to do it again (this in particular is going to be pretty ****ing fun to watch). There's a respect element that the entire leadership team has now earned and will now be an expectation of everyone else that joins the roster.
What's on your list?
That ought to be a blast. I can't wait for Phoenix to choke out their congratulations as well.
I remember when L.A. hosted the draft recently, and the kudos the team got for hosting it was really a nice gesture by the teams' representatives.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ron