View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 12:52 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i also expect some regression. the rangers caught the league a bit off-guard this year. i expect their opponents to be a bit more well-prepared. not that they'll be a bad team, or anything like that. but i wouldn't assume they'll be back in the conference finals again. particularly without an improvement in their scoring - though i do expect the current players to get a bit better in the offensive zone with some more maturity and growth as a team.
sorry, got a bit on a tangent. but i agree that some regression is likely.
I expect the exact opposite. First, take into account that Staal will be with the team from the start. Next, take into account that Kreider will be with the team from the start, as will Hagelin, who only played the second half last year. Then there's the likelihood that Dubinsky and Anisimov play closer to what they are capable. On top of that, you can figure natural progression for guys like Stepan, Del Zotto, McD, etc.

And on top of ALL that--this team got close enough to taste the Stanley Cup finals. These players, with the character they have--you bet your ass they want to get back to that point and further.