View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 01:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I ended up taking Thrower in the mock I'm participating in now. Hertl and Samuelsson went the two picks before me. Kerdiles and Di Guisseppe were both gone, too. Matteau, Wilson, Bozon and Laughton were still on the board. It really came down to either Laughton or Thrower. I can't see Laughton being a second liner but I can see Thrower being a second pairing D. Higher value in the end I guess. He's always criticized for being small. He's 5'11 and 3/4 inch and weighs 200lbs. Those are the official combine stats. Despite his good size, he looks like he has a lot of room to get much stronger, based on an interview I saw of him at the combine. I could see him being a 6'0, 210lb wrecking ball. Being a RHD with dangerous offensive talent (at least at the amateur level), having a penchant for throwing huge, highlight reel open ice hits, and being a willing and talented fighter, makes for a guy who might have a whole lot of trade value some day. That or a guy who makes someone else expendible. Anyway, both he and Murphy are at least two or three years from the bigs, anyway. I really didn't want a D, but I had to go with Thrower because Laughton just seemed a little too safe.