View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 06:04 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

vCash: 500
I've been a fan this entire run of playoffs, which has lasted about the same time as I've been a fan of the sport. Missed the Thrashers by a season. But I picked the Kings because they work like a unit, which is really what I wanted to see in a team. They were playing hard and fast, with a lot of grit and determination. Penner said it best on that Hockey News video, that everyone contributed on this. I even wanted them to beat the Preds if it came to that, a team I'm connected to by geography, because of the work ethic Kings displayed. LA beats the Preds on cheering for me. Even if they lost, I would be this invested. When I feel like vomiting over a non-goal or win, I'm pretty sure that I'm a serious fan of any team. Too bad they're not the local group so I'll have to depend on the kindness of strangers for a while longer. Never seen them play in person, probably won't for awhile yet but they earned my respect and that goes a long way with me.

Been to LA once and it was a pretty decent trip. Oddly enough, degree programs for grad school keep being located in So Cal so I may be a transplant in a couple years (around fall 2014).

SouthernJ is offline   Reply With Quote