View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Well, it's not panicking and throwing everything out, though. It's trading pleks while is value is quite high. It's getting a return on your asset.

I think there's room for both opportunism, and "tanking." Which is the fundamental reason why Edmonton is always doing so poorly. Steve Tambellini has made no effort whatsoever to do anything to improve his team's present capability. It's not because they're getting all these great prospects that the idea of drafting high is "bad."

While I think that Radulov may be an undervalued asset come July 1st, I don't think that's really a move for the future, and I don't think it's really addressing the need for go to "showtime" fire power up front.
Not sure how you don't see signing Radulov a move for the future. The guy won't sign here for a year or two, or anywhere else for that matter.

As for trading Plekanec, the return better be really high to the point where we come out a a clear winner of that trade. Plekanec is a solid center, one of the better 2way ones in the NHL, he is a great example for the kids. You need guys like him. So unless the offer is too good to refuse, you keep him here.
Tambellini didn't do a great job in Edmonton because his defensive squad hasn't been addressed.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote