View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 08:26 AM
TinordiandSubban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Immediate need? On the Islanders? Their need is from the blueline back now and in the future.

I think the Islanders would be remiss to once again pick a forward over a defenceman in the top 10. JT, Okposo, Strome, Bailey, Neidereitter...it's time to add a top two defenceman to that mix, while adding another asset or two.

Burke will likely offer plenty for the right to move up one spot so he can have yet another enigmatic winger. If he thinks he can build a champion around Kessel and Yakupov....I could see them having some great regular season production and then disappearing in the playoffs...and in a few years Yakupov getting tired of the TO media scrutiny and bolting for the KHL.

I actually hope the draft goes down that way.
If Yakupov does fall to 5th overall he becomes a Trojan Horse for Burkie. The media and fans in Leafland will be twisting themselves into knots trying to understand did they really get the best player at 5th and what did Burke miss and if everybody else passed then maybe he should have as well and they will draw up the "bust line" with Kadri and Colborne on the front page of the Toronto Sun.

"We got Nail but we expect to fail!"

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote