View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
He's not everything I hate. I'd love a Lucic type player on the Flyers.

The problem is that Wilson is a whole lot more Chris Neil than Milan Lucic. Not that I dislike Neil either, but he's just not the type of upside you're looking for at the 20th overall pick.

For a team that admittedly needs defense, has a ton of young forwards, no defensive prospects of consequence, and in a defensively deep draft, Tom Wilson just isn't the type of guy your reach on. He won't be the BPA available and he definitely isn't drafting for organizational need. Just because you like a players game, does not make him the right fit. I have been concerned about a Wilson type guy the entire time as I've posted before. The Flyers just can't get out of that mindset from the 70s sometimes.
I think anyone would take a 30 goal scorer like Lucic. Lucic's value is that he is a 30 goal scorer who just happens to be a big, tough guy.

Wilson is the type of player many of us hate. The big, tough guy with a questionable skill level.

I agree he isn't the type of guy you reach on, but they need everything but goaltending in the farm system.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote