View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
well now we can stop speculating about Suter. there's no way they can tie up that much money in the D. i figured if they were going to have a chance with Suter, the other spot would have to be filled by someone VERY cheap.

i'd say Cole is the #6 and a cheap veteran is brought in to be #7.
Russell - Polak is our third pairing, so Cole is either going to partner Pietrangelo, be the #7 guy or be traded. I still wouldn't be surprised if we made a serious run at Garrison.

One thing that is surprising with the Jackman contract is how the money is structured. When I head 3y/$9.5m I was expecting something like $4m/$2.75m/$2.75m. It is strange.

Steen - Backes - Oshie (@~$4m)
McDonald - Berglund - Tarasenko (@~$3.75m)
Perron (@~$3.75m) - ????? - Stewart
Crombeen - Sobotka - Reaves
D'Agostini/Schwartz

????? - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Russell - Polak
Cole

Halak
Elliott

That is just under $46.5m plus bonuses in actual salary for next season, with 2 spots to fill. Considering that Halak, Elliott, Polak, Sobotka and Backes are all getting salary bumps in 2013/14, plus all RFA's we'll need to sign (AP, Shatty, Russell, Berglund, Stewart, Cole, D'Agostini) then our spending is going to have to see a very significant rise. Maybe we will see attempts to offset that in the Oshie and Perron deals.