View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
agree with that to a degree, but thing is that as we stand we have 2 "open" spots in the top-9, I'd rather see us add a solid veteran/established player, and then let Leblanc/Palushaj/Geoffrion/Gallgaher be in competition for the final spot & get opportunities as injury call ups.

MaxPac
Cole
Gionta
Bourque
???
???

from a competitive stand point, adding a Jagr (or someone else who would be pencilled in as a top-9 winger) would be very good from a depth pov, and doesn't preclude Therrien from allowing camp competition to lead to Bourque getting supplanted by a young player and starting the year in the AHL.
Wait... What ?

So, we have a player who scored 25+ goals multiple times, and we have rookies, that can't even pot 25 in the AHL... And you want our new coach to put the multiple 25+ in the AHL to try some young players ? Are you for real ?

Am I reading it clearly or am I dreaming ? Don't you think Therrien would want to find Bourque some chemistry, for, at least, half a season before throwing the towel on Bourque ? Do you really think one of our rookies will develop in a 25+ NHL goal scorer THIS SUMMER ?

That's so laughable it isn't funny. Bourque was grossly misused. He's an offensive depth winger and was used in a shutdown role. RC was a terribad coach.

PKtrollban is online now   Reply With Quote