View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 04:56 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
If you're only in Canada for 2 weeks, I wouldn't bother trekking all over the country. By air Montreal and Vancouver are about as far apart as Jakarta and central Mongolia, it's not a small trip by any means, expensive and a long flight. If I were you I'd either do an eastern Canada tour (Montreal is awesome, so is Quebec City, if you're feeling super ambitious you could make your way east to Halifax, and Toronto is great if you know where to go) or a western Canada tour (Vancouver and surrounding areas, the Rockies and/or Vancouver Island), but I personally wouldn't do both in just 2 weeks unless you like running around constantly while on vacation. If you're after natural beauty, skiing in the winter, hiking in the summer, etc., then the west coast is great, while if you're after a really vibrant/fun city you should look into Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Halifax, etc., all very fun for urban activites.

For playing hockey outside, you won't get much of that around Vancouver, cities like Toronto and Montreal are way better for shinny. Vancouver does have stick and puck and drop in hockey at indoor rinks, but stick and puck means no games (just for practising skills), and drop in is full equipment. I do think checking out Vancouver, the island (especially Tofino), and the Rockies is a great trip in the summer (July or August), but if you want more of a winter wonderland trip, head east, as the west coast tends to be more rainy than snowy in the winter.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote