View Single Post
Old
04-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I can't answer that question, but at a younger age, Marc Savard did just that - at around 21, his first game was as a second line center between MacLean and Graves. It isn't uncommon for guys to come up from Hartford and get those minutes. I can't say what type of minutes Immonen would get, but get a feeling that Moore may be moved up to center the second line, which I think is a mistake and that's where Immonen should start.

Giroux may be more NHL ready, but ready for what type of role? There's the ability to play in the NHL on a fourth line and an ability to play on a second. Just because Giroux has more experience doesn't mean he's more ready. Management may've already decided his fate and that's as a fill-in guy here and there, and perhaps Immonen's expecatations are higher, and thus Giroux will never get more than the 3 minutes he got, which is mutually exclusive of what Immonen can expect.
I'm taking my opinion from what I have seen from this coaching staff and how they deal with youngsters. Every single kid has been slowly moved into larger roles as the season has progressed. They did not give one kid a large role right out of camp. I just feel like they will let Immonen get his feet wet first before throwing him to the wolves on the second line.

Now, my opinion coincides with yours Fletch. I would put him on the second line. But I don't think that's what Renney and Co. will do.